The Department for Education’s new ‘EdTech’ policy actively encourages education providers to migrate their IT estate into the cloud. Coupled with Openreach’s recent announcement that it will cease providing traditional phone landlines by 2025 it’s important for schools and education providers to begin the planning process.
76% of teachers agree that budgetary restrictions are one of the main factors affecting the adoption of new technology in schools. With limited resource and time available, it can make migrating to the cloud seem like a burden instead of an opportunity.
At NTE we work with many Schools and Academies to deliver the latest IP technology within tight budgets and we work around the unique challenges of timing upgrades to cause the least disruption to pupils and staff. Current clients include Sunningdale School and Grangetown Primary in Sunderland, St Bede’s RC Primary School, Washington and Barnwell Academy in Houghton Le Spring to name just a few.
How we can help schools upgrading to an IP telephony solution
• Replace landlines with lower-cost IP services
• Simple low-cost IP phones for classroom and halls
• Choice of executive and softphones for more advanced users
• Out of hours and holiday installation to minimise disruption
• Full staff training to be arranged at your convenience
• 24/7/365 support from our in-house provisioning and engineering teams
• Auto-attendant provides more efficient call-handling
• Never miss a call – with advanced phone twinning, sequential ring capabilities
• All software updates are automatic – reducing the need for maintenance visits
Upgrade your phone system with zero downtime
We ensure that upgrading your system is seamless and pain-free with upgrades done out of hours or during summer holidays and half-term breaks, keeping disruption to a minimum.
Only 5% of teachers believe they receive full training and support with new technology
We know how important training is if you are to obtain maximum benefit from your investment and that’s why our accredited engineers deliver full on-site training sessions and ongoing support, whenever it’s needed.
Get your free demo today
Talk to us today about your plans to move to new IP technology. We can help you plan and schedule your upgrade during the next school holidays for minimum disruption.
Sources: Promethean’s 2018/19 “The State of Technology in Education” Report